Looking for a hearty and flavorful meal that's easy to make? Look no further than this recipe for Chicken and Chorizo Stew with Cannellini Beans and Kale. Packed with protein, veggies, and a mix of spices, this dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds. With step-by-step instructions and a list of simple ingredients, you can whip up this stew in no time. Serve with a sprinkle of lemon zest and juice for a burst of freshness. Enjoy a cozy night in with this delicious recipe!
2 - Chicken supreme
1/2 - Chorizo
1/2 - Bulb fennel
1- Large onion
1/2 - Leek (use white bit and save green for another recipe)
1tsp - Fennel seeds
Few sprigs of thyme
1tsp - Smoked paprika
1/2 tsp /1tsp - Chilli flakes (optional)
1cup - White wine
1 cup - Chicken or veg stock
400g - Cannellini beans
Lemon zest and juice to serve
-First wash and chop the onions, fennel, garlic and leek.
-Season your chicken generously on both sides, heat oil in the pan and brown skin side down and then flip to brown the other side. You will finish the cooking later. Remove the chicken from the pan and then add the chorizo until it releases its oils, then remove from the pan.
- Add your onions and leeks into the pan with a pinch of salt and cook off in the chorizo oil.
- Once they are translucent, add in your fennel seeds, fennel, garlic and thyme, cook for 2-3mins before adding in your wine. You want to cook off the alcohol until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Now add the smoked paprika, chilli flakes and stock.
- Return the chorizo and chicken to the pan till cooked through.
- Just before serving, add in your beans and kale and cook further till the kale has wilted.
- Serve with lemon zest and juice.