In our butchery, we are incredibly passionate about providing customers with the freshest and tastiest sustainably sourced meats. Our expert butchers pride themselves in making all of our products onsite using our own recipes and blends to craft award-winning sausages that have become a local favourite. We take great care when sourcing ethical and environmentally friendly ingredients from local farms and suppliers, so you can trust that every bite is delicious and made with sustainability in mind! Our mission is to provide fresh and frozen quality meat products for our customers while also minimising food miles throughout the supply chain, helping to make a positive impact on our environment. By abiding by this vision, we strive to ensure every cut prepared by our butchers comes with peace of mind as well as flavour.
Chris is our Master Butcher with nineteen years of experience in the trade. Locals across North Norfolk are well familiar with his broad Norfolk accent and cheerful disposition! He's been part of the team at Walsingham Farms Shop for eight years and loves to share his hints, tips, and expertise with customers planning their meal. Everyone always enjoys Chris' good-natured banter as he skilfully crafts each customer's ideal cuts of meat for them. He has something for everyone, from beef and pork to poultry and beyond - so come by today and find out what Chris can do for you!
If you're looking for great food made from top-quality ingredients, look no further than our deli kitchens! Our Walsingham shop is always buzzing with activity, as our team works hard to cook and present the finest ingredients in delicious, mouth-watering dishes. And if you're in Norwich, don't miss our market kitchen run by the expert in pie, mash and gravy, Hannah. Be sure to try one of our hot pies and sides while you take in the excitement of the market. In our Walsingham deli you will also find a wide selection of our own homemade products, including pies, quiches, tarts, sausage rolls, salads, ready meals, and soups. And don't forget to check out our impressive collection of award-winning cheeses from around the world and locally. We take pride in using only the very best ingredients, and you can always trust that anything with our label on it has been made with care and attention in our own kitchens.
- WE LOVE GREAT FOOD and we want to help others do the same – whether a simple English apple, a local cheese or one of our signature pies. We love to eat and talk about food whenever we get the chance….we admit it, we love what we do.
- WE ARE LOCAL AND PROUD OF IT. Based in North Norfolk in the town of Walsingham our approach is to source locally first, providing that the quality is good enough. If we have to, we will spread our net to get the right quality, but will always buy from small independent producers wherever possible.
- WE KNOW WHERE OUR FOOD COMES FROM. We know our suppliers, we know where their food is grown, made or reared. We believe in promoting quality food from farms and local suppliers and working with them to improve quality, service and price that delivers value to our customers and a sustainable living for our suppliers.
- WE DON’T TAKE OURSELVES TOO SERIOUSLY. Amazing ingredients are important, but at the end of the day it’s just food. If there is jargon to be busted we are up for the challenge. We just want everyone to come to us knowing that we will help them enjoy the pleasure of local food and find what they need.
- WE WANT TO EARN YOUR TRUST. Of course we want to sell you food, but we also want you to think of us as reliable and keen to listen. We will always be open and honest. If we make a mistake (and we are sure that we will!) we want you to tell us and we will try our best to put it right.
- WE WANT TO SPREAD THE WORD THAT LOCAL CAN BE GREAT. We have a lot of stories to tell whether about the joy of seasonal food, our great producers, the benefit of eating local or recipes we have developed.